The Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)SM
examination, Level I will require:
- A good understanding of basic rules of
evidence, as they relate to:
- The seizure or acquisition of magnetic media
- The handling, marking and storage of electronic
- The "chain of custody"
- The "right to privacy"
- A good understanding of how to wipe, verify
and validate media
- A good understanding of how to protect the original
media for accidental writes
- A good understanding
of how to make and verify exact copies of media
- A basic understanding of PC hardware
- A very basic understanding of PC networking
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office
applications and how to access the metadata that is stored within
MS Office documents
- A basic understanding of common data formats
by header, appearance, etc.
- A basic understanding of how to defeat
- A basic understanding of CDR recording
- A basic understanding of Internet issues,
such as doing a "who is", determining ownership of a domain name, etc.
- The ability to write clear understandable
- The ability to organize and present exhibits
in or as an attachment to reports
If you have specific questions, please use